Issue retrieving directory listing following update to win x64 client 3.41.0

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Grath
500 Syntax error

Issue retrieving directory listing following update to win x64 client 3.41.0

#1 Post by Grath » 2019-03-06 14:51

I updated the FileZilla client to 3.41.0 this morning and am experiencing an issue during the directory retrieval process on 1 particular server. I regularly connect to about 12 different FTP servers on a daily basis and this is the only one giving me any issue.

Because of the sensitivity of information, I have obfuscated the host name, IP, username, and password in this public post. Happy to PM it to a tech for analysis if needed.

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 TheRDNS.hostname.us
Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 500 AUTH not understood
Command: AUTH SSL
Response: 500 AUTH not understood
Command: USER *******
Response: 331 Password required for *******
Command: PASS ******
Response: 230 User ******* logged in
Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/ZZZ Mr Master/CDN Files delivered"...
Command: CWD /ZZZ Mr Master/CDN Files delivered
Response: 250 CWD command successful
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode. (#,#,#,#,68,229)
Command: MLSD
Response: 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for MLSD
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

I have tried removing the remote directory that I am specifying in the site manager to land into, have tried forcing passive and active mode rather than auto-detect, have tried forcing UTF-8 instead of auto-detect, have tried checking bypass proxy, and have tried ALL available server types rather than auto-detect.

So far nothing has worked.

I can confirm that if I connect to this site from the command prompt ftp in windows 10 I am able to successfully connect and retrieve a directory listing.

I have inquired from the host as to what OS, FTP server, and version they are running to try to get more information. I'll update this post as I get more info.

I am certainly not alone as another user entered the IRC channel a little while ago with the identical issue, but he left before I was able to ask any questions.

Grath
500 Syntax error

Re: Issue retrieving directory listing following update to win x64 client 3.41.0

#2 Post by Grath » 2019-03-06 15:30

I have confirmed reverting back to client version 3.40.0 restores functionality.

Grath
500 Syntax error

Re: Issue retrieving directory listing following update to win x64 client 3.41.0

#3 Post by Grath » 2019-03-07 03:56

And just to update, the newly posted 3.41.1 fixes the issue. Thanks for the quick response, Tim and team!