Please help me: Unable to upload files to domain

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

aisling
500 Command not understood
First name: Aisling Kathrine
Last name: Kassow

Please help me: Unable to upload files to domain

#1 Post by aisling » 2019-03-11 23:45

Hi,

Okay so, I am really really new at Filezilla, so I will try to explain my problem as best I can. Please bear with me and my amaturity :) The main problem seems to be that I am unable to upload files to my main directory/domain (www.example.com). I am only able to upload to subdirectories like "www.example.com/loremipsum".

I am currently hosted by one.com, and have their Hosting Professional (100 GB) package, which gives me SSH-access, which, according to their customer support and multiple forum answers suggested would solve the problem. But it hasn't. I have tried changing the Owner Permissions under the file attributes, so I could read, write, and execute. But this also made no difference.

I will post a snippet of the log below, I really hope someone has the answer for me out there! It's probably super obvious, but again I am still new at all this. Please let me know if there is any information I am missing :)

Thanks!
Aisling

Response: New directory is: "/customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk"
Command: mkdir "portfolio"
Error: mkdir /customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk/portfolio: permission denied
Command: mkdir "/customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk/portfolio/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin"
Error: mkdir /customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk/portfolio/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin: no such file or directory
Command: cd "/customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk/portfolio/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin"
Error: Directory /customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk/portfolio/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin: no such file or directory
Command: mtime "/customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk/portfolio/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/master"
Error: get attrs for /customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk/portfolio/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/master: no such file or directory
Command: put "/Users/Aisling/Dropbox/Aisling Kathrine Graphic Design/Aisling Kathrine (Internal)/Website/portfolio/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/master" "/customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk/portfolio/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/master"
Error: /customers/1/d/7/aislingkassow.dk/portfolio/.git/logs/refs/remotes/origin/master: open for write: no such file or directory
Error: File transfer failed

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Please help me: Unable to upload files to domain

#2 Post by botg » 2019-03-12 10:49

You do not have permission to upload files in the target location. Contact your server administrator or server hosting provider to request permission.