xml sitemanager export from windows starts to ask for password after a single connection after import.

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

paaps
500 Command not understood

xml sitemanager export from windows starts to ask for password after a single connection after import.

#1 Post by paaps » 2019-03-31 11:50

So I have a very unpleasant bug where I have 50-60 ftp connections saved in my sitemanager from a windows machine.
The bug is when I import the sites.xml file to my mac machine and i can access a single website after import - after that every site password changes from normal to ask for password. If i delete the folder and reimport it - i can access a single site again. The site doesn't matter. I've tried importing then exiting filezilla - does not help. I've tried renaming the folder from My sites to a random name and changing the platform and version in the xml file - the problem persists. So now whenever I want to access a site from that particular folder - i need to go and delete the folder and reimport it.
Filezilla version of the file I'm importing :

Code: Select all

<FileZilla3 version="3.40.0" platform="windows">
I'm importing into a filezilla:

Code: Select all

<FileZilla3 version="3.41.2" platform="mac">
If I can be helpful in finding this bug - let me know. I can't upload my export file for obvious reasons. The master password is the same on both the windows file and on this filezilla client on the mac machine.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: xml sitemanager export from windows starts to ask for password after a single connection after import.

#2 Post by botg » 2019-03-31 19:03

What is your password saving option set to in the Site Manager of the importing client?

boco
Contributor

Re: xml sitemanager export from windows starts to ask for password after a single connection after import.

#3 Post by boco » 2019-04-01 02:09

Check the global settings of the Mac machine (Edit - Settings...). On the Interface tab, "Do not save passwords" must not be checked.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

paaps

#4 Post by paaps » 2019-04-01 07:31

boco wrote:
2019-04-01 02:09
Check the global settings of the Mac machine (Edit - Settings...). On the Interface tab, "Do not save passwords" must not be checked.
after setting that setting it asks for my master password on every connection, and when it connects - the password seems to be ruined - the actual password should be 10-15 characters long.

boco
Contributor

#5 Post by boco » 2019-04-01 09:05

Did you repeat the import after unchecking that setting?

The master password should be asked only one time.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

paaps

#6 Post by paaps » 2019-04-09 21:00

boco wrote:
2019-04-01 09:05
Did you repeat the import after unchecking that setting?

The master password should be asked only one time.
Yes - the problem does not go away.

paaps

#7 Post by paaps » 2019-04-10 07:31

does anyone have any clues of what this bug could be? I can't work like this.. :( If I could provide any useful information - just ask me.