What information goes in what box?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

peterzap12
500 Command not understood
First name: Peter
Last name: Zapletal

What information goes in what box?

#1 Post by peterzap12 » 2019-04-03 00:09

Hi, I've been using FileZilla for years, but had to set it up only once, so I really don't know what information goes into which box and who can provided to me.

Going through the Site Manager:
What info goes into the host box? I use the Network Solutions. At some point they gave me a number that I still have. It starts with 209.17
Or, do I use my own computer, Comcast - IP address?

User name: Is it my email address at Network Solutions?
Logon Type: Normal? Ask for Password?

Password: Which one? The Network Solution? Network Solutions my email password? Comcast password?

I was provided the ftp number some time ago ... but where do I use it or where can I get an updated number if needed?

As you can tell, I know that I know nothing. It's really frustrating and I cannot find someone locally to help out.

Any help - advice - will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Peter Zapletal

boco
Contributor

Re: What information goes in what box?

#2 Post by boco » 2019-04-03 01:34

Another term for the "Hostname" or "Host" is "Server URL". You put the URL/name of the remote server here, as you would do for a website in the browser. If they handed you an IP address in the form a.b.c.d, you can also use this.
Username: The FTP account user name. If you forgot, you need to ask your hosting provider. Same for the password.

Logon type: "Normal" if you want the password to be remembered, "Ask for password" otherwise.

For getting any of that information about the server, you need to ask the hosting company directly.

For reading: Tutorial and Using
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

peterzap12
500 Command not understood
First name: Peter
Last name: Zapletal

Re: What information goes in what box?

#3 Post by peterzap12 » 2019-04-03 14:46

G R E A T ! ! ! ! It worked. Thank you!