552 Disk full - please upload later (via FTP)

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

BernadetteB
500 Command not understood
First name: Bernadette
Last name: Booysen

552 Disk full - please upload later (via FTP)

#1 Post by BernadetteB » 2019-04-30 12:07

2 issues…

When I was able to upload to the FTP server it would not show my updated information even though I had refreshed my web page and the cache had been cleared. Then another forum told me to remove the file and then save it back and sometimes this solves the problem…

Now I am unable to upload my file as it gives me a Disk Full error and I know there is space as the file has been deleted.

This is a problem as we have agents who access this file and now they are not able to see it.

Your urgent assistance will be greatly appreciated.

boco
Contributor

Re: 552 Disk full - please upload later (via FTP)

#2 Post by boco » 2019-04-30 12:23

You are not using FileZilla Server, moving...

Well, sorry, we cannot help you, as the error message is coming from the hosting FTP server. You need to contact their support to have this resolved.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

jrg_from_oz
First name: John
Last name: Graham

#3 Post by jrg_from_oz » 2019-07-28 13:18

Over the past three days, and numerous upload attempts, I am receiving "552 - disk full" errors on two separate domains hosted by the same ISP. One update is a single small webpage (about 2Kb); the other is four small webpages and a 2Mb .pdf.

I can access each of the domains through cPanel, and both are using about 50% of their allocated space.

I have forced through the file updates using File Manager within cPanel (and thus bypassing any FTP prog), and that has worked. Clearly the server had space available at that time. I then tried to re-update the single small webpage using Filezilla, and received a 552 error again.

I have also reported the problem to my ISP, who has investigated and assured me that there is plenty of space on the server. The uploads I forced through would seem to confirm there is available space.

I am using the latest build of Filezilla (build date 27 6 2019) running under Win 10 64-bit.

Is it possible that Filezilla is issuing a spurious error 552?

What else can I do to make Filezilla usable again, given my ISP is adamant the problem is not at their end?

John

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2019-07-28 16:11

boco wrote:
2019-04-30 12:23
Well, sorry, we cannot help you, as the error message is coming from the hosting FTP server. You need to contact their support to have this resolved.

boco
Contributor

#5 Post by boco » 2019-07-29 00:52

Is it possible that Filezilla is issuing a spurious error 552?
Lines starting with a number (called a response or reply code) are ALWAYS server-initiated. FTP clients NEVER issue any command starting with a number. For that fundamental principle of FTP operation, that line CANNOT have been issued by FileZilla.

You need to tell them their FTP server software reports an (obviously erroneous) out-of-disk-space condition. They need to fix that in the FTP server's configuration database.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

jrg_from_oz
First name: John
Last name: Graham

#6 Post by jrg_from_oz » 2019-07-29 13:21

Thank you. I have referred your response to my ISP.

John