Refresh functionality not working correctly

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ChrisM
500 Command not understood
First name: Chris
Last name: Myers

Refresh functionality not working correctly

#1 Post by ChrisM » 2019-05-06 16:05

Hi Everyone,
I have used the Filezilla client for a long time (many years) and this is my configuration:

Filezilla 3.42.0 (64) on a Windows 7 professional box with an i7 processor.

The problem I am seeing with refresh is related to a symbolic link that has been changed since the initial connection to the remote machine. The remote machine is running Ubuntu 16.04.

To replicate the issue, on the ubuntu machine create a top level directory. Inside the top level directory, create a subdirectory. Inside the top level directory create a symbolic link to the subdirectory.

Use Filezilla to connect to the remote Ubuntu machine and move to the top level directory. Click on the symbolic link and it will move to the subdirectory. (So far so good.)

Now on the ubuntu box create a new subdirectory under the top level directory. Move the symbolic link from the previous subdirectory to the new subdirectory. To do this remove the symbolic link and add a new symbolic link with the same name to the new subdirectory.

Without a refresh on the Filezilla, the new directory will not show up. Select the top level directory on the remote screen, then click the Refresh button. The new subdirectory will show up. (This is good)

Then click the symbolic link(that now points to the new subdirectory). The link will still move to the original subdirectory. (This is bad) Would expect the link to move to the new subdirectory.

In short, I suspect the refresh is not picking up changes to symbolic links.

Chris

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Refresh functionality not working correctly

#2 Post by botg » 2019-05-06 16:12

Please try Ctrl+F5 to force a refresh of all caches, including the path cache.

ChrisM
500 Command not understood
First name: Chris
Last name: Myers

Re: Refresh functionality not working correctly

#3 Post by ChrisM » 2019-05-06 16:41

Nice to know!