Upload Problem

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

DG0MA
500 Command not understood

Upload Problem

#1 Post by DG0MA » 2019-05-25 23:14

Hi there,

I hope that the topic is in the right place... I have used FileZilla without any problems for several years. I use it to send files for two websites to two different addresses on the same server. For about two weeks I have the following problem with one address:

(A) Uploading to address 1 without any problems (Laptop, WIN10, FileZilla 3.42.1, WLAN, FritzBox).
(B) Uploading to address 2 impossible from my Laptop using the same configuration as in situation (A). Error Report in the top window (*** parts erased because of privacy):
    Status: Connecting to [***01:6051:4769:2fd0:ff5:c000]:21...
    Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
    Error: Could not connect to server
(C) Uploading to address 2 from my Laptop using my neighbour's WLAN and FritzBox (after having asked for permission) without any problems.

I hope there is someone who has got an idea to fix the problem. I think it must have its causes in the box configuration, but I cannot explain why (A) works and (B) doesn't. If both connection requests lead to error reports it would be logical. And why does it work using different WLAN?

Thanks for your help.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Upload Problem

#2 Post by botg » 2019-05-26 09:56

The hostname resolves to an IPv6 address, meaning that your operating system thinks you have working IPv6 support.

Check that you indeed have working IPv6 support (you can test on https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php), or configure your system to not resolve hostnames to IPv6 addresses.

DG0MA
500 Command not understood

Re: Upload Problem

#3 Post by DG0MA » 2019-05-26 11:28

My system has passed the test on https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php

The FileZilla logo has been displayed for all three cases: Dualstack, IPv4, IPv6.