Can't find failed transfers

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

blear
500 Command not understood
First name: Bridget
Last name: Lear

Can't find failed transfers

#1 Post by blear » 2019-06-24 17:58

Hello,

This is probably very basic, but I was unable to find an answer on the FAQ. I transferred ~100 GB from a folder on my computer to a server using Filezilla (Mac 3.24.1). About 60 files (out of > 60,000) failed to transfer. However, at some point my computer crashed and when I log back on to Filezilla I can no longer find the list of failed transfers. I'm not particularly concerned with why they didn't transfer, I just need to find out which files they were so that I don't discard them from my computer. Is there an easy fix for this? I tried running a directory comparison but I don't think it's looking within each of my folders/ subfolders to confirm they are identical (and they shouldn't all be identical if some transfers failed). Thanks.

boco
Contributor

Re: Can't find failed transfers

#2 Post by boco » 2019-06-25 01:23

Failed transfers are not retained over FileZilla sessions. Note that in case of crashes, data retention nor integrity is NEVER guaranteed, that's one of the basics of IT.

Directory comparison does unfortunately not recurse, this is planned AFAIK. Currently, all you could do is re-queue all files, start transfer and select Overwrite action "Skip". It will then only transfer the files missing on the server and quickly skip over any other ones.

Pro tip: If you need to queue up a lot of files, and the success is uncertain, you should
1. Queue up all files without starting transfer,
2. Use File - Export... to export the queue data,
3. Start transfer.

If anything goes wrong, you can simply import the queue again and retry. That will save you potentially a lot of time for queuing up the files a second (or third, fourth...) time.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

blear
500 Command not understood
First name: Bridget
Last name: Lear

Re: Can't find failed transfers

#3 Post by blear » 2019-06-25 15:34

Thanks for your help!