Which filezilla version for macOS 10.10.5

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

denizguzel
500 Command not understood
First name: Deniz
Last name: Güzel

Which filezilla version for macOS 10.10.5

#1 Post by denizguzel » 2019-07-18 11:30

Hi, everyone

I am using macOS version 10.10.5. I want to install Filezilla but I can't it. Because version is incompatible with my macOS. Which version can I download?

Best regards.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Which filezilla version for macOS 10.10.5

#2 Post by botg » 2019-07-18 11:46

FileZilla requires macOS 10.11 or higher.

According to Wikipedia, all Macintosh computers that can run Mountain Lion, Mavericks, or Yosemite can run El Capitan.

In other words, please just update your copy of macOS.

denizguzel

#3 Post by denizguzel » 2019-07-18 12:44

Thanks for the response. I know but I can't upgrade my macOS. Because my iMac is 2009 earlier. It couldn't be upgraded.

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2019-07-18 19:59

That shouldn't be a blocker, iMacs mid 2007 and newer are supported. But it needs 2 GiB of RAM, do you have that amount?
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

denizguzel

#5 Post by denizguzel » 2019-07-19 05:38

Yes I know, as I said My mac is not supported beyond the Yosemite. Filezilla is asking minimum 10.10.12. My Yosemite version is 10.10.5.

lemossauro
First name: Daniel
Last name: Lemos

#6 Post by lemossauro » 2023-03-27 22:25

Hi Denis,

The FileZilla compatibility to macOS 10.10.5 was terminated at version 3.43.0-rc1 (2019-06-19). After this release, the minimum required macOS version has been increased to 10.11 (El Capitan).

So, the previous release is compatible with OS X Yosemite ( 10.10.5 )

You must go to:

https://downl***.filezilla-project.org/client/

And download the file:

FileZilla_3.42.1_macosx-x86.app.tar.bz2 (2019-05-08)

I really don’t understand why there’s always someone to answer “you have to upgrade your operating system” to this kind of situation. If someone is asking for a compatible version and you don’t know the answer, please just be quiet and stop flooding the internet with this garbage kind of answer!

Useful answers are good for all the community.
Not upgrading an operational system is something that everyone must have the right to.

Best regards.
Last edited by botg on 2023-03-28 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad advise.

boco
Contributor

#7 Post by boco » 2023-03-27 23:09

If we, for now, ignore the fact that you replied to a roughly four year old topic (congrats for necro'ing), let's address this.
You must go to:

And download the file:

FileZilla_3.42.1_macosx-x86.app.tar.bz2 (2019-05-08)
Shitty advice, as the version is outdated as hell.
I really don’t understand why there’s always someone to answer “you have to upgrade your operating system” to this kind of situation. If someone is asking for a compatible version and you don’t know the answer, please just be quiet and stop flooding the internet with this garbage kind of answer!
It's actually pretty easy. Old versions are unsupported, and we cannot provide any help for them, so, "Upgrade your OS to run supported versions again" is the only possible answer we are even able to give. Any other answer would mean providing support, which we are not able to give. Ignoring the topic would be wrong, however, as many just don't they are running with unsupported configurations.

lemossauro
First name: Daniel
Last name: Lemos

#8 Post by lemossauro » 2023-03-28 03:26

Would be funny if it wasn’t so sad Boco: you are so fast to judge and say that an OS or an App is outdated as hell, and so slow to realize that each reality is different around the world. I’m not writing to you using a fast connection and working somewhere you can download an OS upgrade easily.
It’s even sadder to see someone stand for this kind of attitude.

If I replied to a roughly four year old topic, is because I experienced the exact same problem, using the exact same macOS 10.10.5 today. There are so many situations that would demand that someone need to install an old release, that is almost unbelievable that I have to explain these situations. It’s almost surreal to see this kind of arrogant behavior when interacting to a “contributor” that allegedly works with open source software. So maybe should I say to you: Shitty way of thinking?

When you say that you can’t talk about compatibility to old OS because you don't offer support to old software, maybe you should understand that the disclaimer about not offering support is the only thing necessary to add to an information about compatibility to old OS. Something like: “use this at your own risk, because this version is unsupported”, something so simple to do…

As a technical forum, nobody should be forbidden to talk about any versions or any technical issues. If you as admin, is forbidden to do so, so I say it again: the answer to update an OS, when there is a compatibility solution, is a narrow-minded way of solving the issue. Better stay quiet.

Today, when I googled to find out a solution to the compatibility issue, I was shocked by the fact that was impossible to find any answer, besides “upgrade OS”. At least, now if someone has the same problem, it will be possible to find an answer. Sadly, no thanks to the technical team.

Sadly I still have to continue working with Yosemite and unable to buy RAM, for many reasons, including technical, geographical, bureaucratic and economical.

boco
Contributor

#9 Post by boco » 2023-03-28 04:13

you are so fast to judge and say that an OS or an App is outdated as hell
In the case of FileZilla, we know. "3.42.1 (2019-05-08)" Almost . four . f*ckin' . years. For a networked application exposed to the internet, that's ancient. While you might get away with that version, don't call it safe, and don't recommend it to others.

The whole ordeal doesn't have to do with attitude, it's hard facts. If Apple has abandoned an OS, you're not getting fixes. Nada. Everything can happen.
Personally, I also run OS being outdated, but I have the knowledge to do that (and to secure it to maximum extent possible). You might have that knowledge, too, but many others definitely have not. Recommending outdated software to them asks for trouble. And, what do you think: Where will these users go complaining if that old version malfunctions or they get hacked? Here, as they expect support for the version they run. Which they won't get, as we can't support every version back to the start of time. User ends up SOL.
There are so many situations that would demand that someone need to install an old release, that is almost unbelievable that I have to explain these situations
While that might be, you are on your own with these. And, please do not connect them to any kind of net, at least not directly. Doing so asks for trouble.
It’s almost surreal to see this kind of arrogant behavior when interacting to a “contributor” that allegedly works with open source software. So maybe should I say to you: Shitty way of thinking?
It's easy to say "arrogant" if you don't like the facts. Doesn't change said facts, however. Again: I do run outdated OS and software, too (back to DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.11) but they are heavily locked down. And i would never advise others to to the same. Sure, it suck if the favored piece of software doesn't run anymore on the OS of choice, but it is how it is. I have a few restrictions on my current OS, too (Windows 7 fully updated), but I can't complain - it's my choice and my responsibility. And if something happens, it's MY fault.

The same applies to your situation. You alone are responsible for securing your environment. Please, please don't ever recommend the same environment to others, they might not have the knowledge to handle it.
When you say that you can’t talk about compatibility to old OS because you don't offer support to old software, maybe you should understand that the disclaimer about not offering support is the only thing necessary to add to an information about compatibility to old OS. Something like: “use this at your own risk, because this version is unsupported”, something so simple to do…
I'm bound to the rules of this forum and the project. No support for outdated versions, that includes offering them in the first place (the place you found is already for advanced users and thus not publicly announced).

"Use this at you own risk" sounds like an easy way out, at first, but, many users cannot properly assess the risks involved. That's why you don't see old version offered, disclaimers are getting ignored all the time.
As a technical forum, nobody should be forbidden to talk about any versions or any technical issues. If you as admin, is forbidden to do so, so I say it again: the answer to update an OS, when there is a compatibility solution, is a narrow-minded way of solving the issue. Better stay quiet.
You can normally talk about old versions as much as you like. What you are NOT allowed to do here is offering these old versions to unsuspecting others as a "solution". Which it is clearly not, just a risky workaround. Thus the "Sh*tty advice" hits the proverbial nail on the head. And no, we can't and won't stay quiet when you do things you shouldn't.

While I won't remove your link for now, I'm pretty sure the admin will.