uploads become corrupt on new Win 10 laptop

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

angdlov
500 Command not understood
First name: Ang
Last name: De Haan-Lovaas

uploads become corrupt on new Win 10 laptop

#1 Post by angdlov » 2019-09-27 20:15

I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10 Professional. Upon downloading the current version of filezilla I am able to connect and download files just fine. Uploading the files either are uploaded with 0 bytes or become corrupt if I use the plain ftp encryption. I have tried making sure that I have it set to send using binary, I even turned of the firewall and tried to upload files. It doesn't matter the result is still the same. The file cannot be opened. I have tried word documents, PDFs, PNGs, JPGs, etc. They all become corrupted or have 0 bytes depending on the encryption I use. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Ang

angdlov

Re: uploads become corrupt on new Win 10 laptop

#2 Post by angdlov » 2019-09-27 20:40

Also, I forgot to say that it will say the upload is successful when using plain ftp, but as I said before the file will not open. I have also tried another Windows 10 Home computer that I have access to and it works just fine. I realize it is something to do with this specific computer, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

angdlov

#3 Post by angdlov » 2019-09-28 00:25

I finally found my issue. I had to update the wireless device's driver that was installed on this new computer within the device manager. For some they may have to uninstall and then re-start the computer and it will automatically find and re-install the driver.. Hopefully if someone else has this issue this will be a solution for them.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2019-09-30 07:16

Make sure to use FTP over TLS, it protects against faulty networking hardware and software corrupting data: Any corruption results in a transfer error, no corrupt data is ever written to disk.