Critical Error: Could not connect to server

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

meghantubbs
500 Command not understood
First name: Meghan
Last name: Tubbs

Critical Error: Could not connect to server

#1 Post by meghantubbs » 2020-01-22 18:48

Hi there,

Our database manager recently quit, leaving me in charge of software such as Filezilla. I have only used the basics of this program. The information to connect to the server was put there by the database manager and I just connect and get files I exported from Raiser's Edge.

On Friday this connection quit working. Our IT department has confirmed our server is not the issue. The database manager's old email does not have any emails about needing to update an expiring password. This is the message I receive when I try to connect like normal:

Error: Authentication failed
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Any ideas? I don't have enough knowledge about this program to know what to even search for on the forum, so I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned. Thank you in advance.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Critical Error: Could not connect to server

#2 Post by botg » 2020-01-23 08:13

Wrong username and/or password. Please double-check your login credentials. If the problem persists, contact your server administrator or server hosting provider for assistance.

meghantubbs
500 Command not understood
First name: Meghan
Last name: Tubbs

Re: Critical Error: Could not connect to server

#3 Post by meghantubbs » 2020-01-23 13:53

Thank you!