PC Loses Internet Connection after FTP file transfer fail

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

gemmin21
500 Command not understood
First name: Michael
Last name: McArdle

PC Loses Internet Connection after FTP file transfer fail

#1 Post by gemmin21 » 2020-03-23 15:02

Just recently set up FileZilla to access files stored on a remote box. Seemed to go ok for a while, now recently if I set some larger files to transfer, the transfer fails and I can't reconnect. My PC internet status is connected to network but no internet connection. All other devices on the network can access the Internet, just my PC where I'm using FZ is disconnected. Network Troubleshooting does not fix the problem, which is listed as "ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration". The only way to fix is to restart the PC. I'm not a tech whiz and have a basic understanding of port forwarding, etc, but the instructions in the networking guide are too much for me. This doesn't happen all the time-- sometimes I can transfer 50 files with no issue, then get to a point where nothing goes through and I'm constantly restarting my PC to regain connection for other apps like email, etc.

Any ideas what might be causing the network disconnect for my PC when using FZ?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: PC Loses Internet Connection after FTP file transfer fail

#2 Post by botg » 2020-03-24 08:42

There is something wrong with your system. Possible causes:
- Faulty firewall
- Faulty drivers for your network adapter
- Corrupt operating system files
- Faulty hardware

I recommend re-installing Windows followed by installing the latest available drivers. If the error still persists, replace your network adapter as the next step. If the error still persists, replace the switch. If the error still persists, call an exorcist.