Local and remote directory tree container collapse

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ixaxi
504 Command not implemented
First name: xander
Last name: v

Local and remote directory tree container collapse

#1 Post by ixaxi » 2020-04-27 11:18

I use Filezilla daily, latest version (FileZilla Client Version: 3.48.0-rc1 Build date: 2020-04-20). I usually work on several connections at the same time. My screen is set up in Classic Interface, with local (left) and remote (right) directory tree above the local and remote files. The tree and the files containers I dragged so they take ca 40 and 60% of the height respectively.

However, every time Filezilla is closed and restarted, I find that the local and remote directory tree containers have almost closed (collapsed, contracted..), just about the root folder is visible. This has been the case for a couple of versions now, in the past the directory tree and files containers stayed exactly where I dragged them to, even if set different for each tab, then each tab got it's own height back.

It's a minor thing but a major nuisance :) Is there anything that can be done about this?

FYI, I tried different screen layouts, and when I put the directory trees left of the files, they collapse to the left, same as horizontally they collapse to the top..

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Local and remote directory tree container collapse

#2 Post by botg » 2020-04-27 14:04

What operating system are you using? Any custom font settings or DPI scaling settings?

ixaxi
504 Command not implemented
First name: xander
Last name: v

Re: Local and remote directory tree container collapse

#3 Post by ixaxi » 2020-04-27 15:12

Using Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3.
I'm not aware of any custom font settings or DPI scaling - in Mac OS you mean? Definitely no such settings in Filezilla itself..

The display of my MacBook Pro is scaled to 'more space' (don't think that's the same as DPI scaling?), but that was always the case, also with previous versions of Filezilla where the tree containers stayed as they were..
(and thanks for helping!)