Filezilla Client 3.48.0 - Use System Association for opening file

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

swbrains
500 Syntax error

Re: Filezilla Client 3.48.0 - Use System Association for opening file

#16 Post by swbrains » 2020-05-08 16:30

botg wrote:
2020-05-08 07:17
The system associations are obtained straight through Windows' official AssocQueryString function. If no system association is shown, either Windows itself is confused (there are for historic reasons so many different places to set associations, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Explorer would do it some old-fashioned way) or the system association itself isn't correct, e.g. it may not be quoted correctly.
Oddly, though, this worked perfectly in the 3.47, even without me specifying overrides in the FZ file type associations list.

In 3.48.0, when I try to edit a file not in the file type association list and the association dialog pops up asking how I want to edit it, making a selection causes a re-write of the FZ file type associations list without any carriage returns, so all associations in the list are concatenated, causing issues for all future file edit requests.

FYI: Interesting thing I just noticed in v3.48.0 with no FZ file type association overrides specified, if I double click on an item (.pl file) in the local pane (which is set to perform the Edit action) or if I right click on an item in the local pane and select Edit, it opens in Windows Notepad even though I have my Perl editor selected in the Windows Default Apps setup for .txt and .pl files. But if I right click on an item (.pl file) in the local pane and select *Open*, it opens it in my Perl editor properly.

zardozlogin
500 Command not understood

#17 Post by zardozlogin » 2020-05-10 15:30

so, still no solution for this issue ?
damned

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#18 Post by botg » 2020-05-12 06:38

You can try the latest nightly build.

swbrains
500 Syntax error

#19 Post by swbrains » 2020-05-12 14:19

I just tried the 5-12-2020 nightly build, but no change. Double-clicking or selecting Edit for a local file causes it to open in Windows Notepad, even though selecting "Open" for
a local file opens the file in my assigned editor app for this file type in Windows. FZ still shows the correct editor app's icon for this file type in the local list, but uses Notepad to edit them.

It would be a nice workaround if the FZ settings (Interface->File Lists) "Double-click action" had an option for the "Open" action, since "Open" works as expected with the default file type application.