Directory listing of "/" successful but none of my wordpress files are here?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ZACK
500 Command not understood

Directory listing of "/" successful but none of my wordpress files are here?

#1 Post by ZACK » 2020-05-02 03:39

Hi, I am new to FileZilla and FTP transferring in general.
I have logged into my FTP account with FileZilla
I was supposed to have access to the files from my WordPress site, instead, I am just getting a folder titled "/" instead of my site name.
Also, none of my website's files are there.
The only items that are showing up is a file titled ".ftpquota" and a blank folder titled ".." that I can't even open.
When I drag a file into the server it says "File transfer successful" when I go to my WordPress I do not see that file that has been "transferred successfully" anywhere?

Here's what I've already tried
  • I've tried typing in the directory path I need to access in the "Remote Site" address bar manually (That just gives me Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing)
  • I've tried checking the "Show raw directory listing" option
  • I've tried disabling antivirus
  • I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting about 20 (million) times

I'm stuck here, any help would be appreciated.

ZACK

Re: Directory listing of "/" successful but none of my wordpress files are here?

#2 Post by ZACK » 2020-05-03 01:05

Anyone... :|

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Directory listing of "/" successful but none of my wordpress files are here?

#3 Post by botg » 2020-05-04 07:25

If the items don't even show in the log when you enable "Show raw directory listings" then according to the server they are not there. You need to contact your server administrator or server hosting provider for assistance.

ZACK

#4 Post by ZACK » 2020-05-04 22:35

Oh yeah, I found that out yesterday. Cpanel creates a new directory titled the FTP account's username even if that folder doesn't exist. That folder did not exist. The problem is solved. User mistake. Someone can delete this entire thread if they want... :oops: