Connected to host but no remote directory is appearing

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

saherron
500 Command not understood
First name: Sterling
Last name: Herron

Connected to host but no remote directory is appearing

#1 Post by saherron » 2020-06-05 23:07

When I enter the host information, the status in the top box shows that it is connected, but no remote site directory appears in the bottom right box (see image). Eventually it reads "Connection timed out after 500 seconds of inactivity. Could not connect to server."

It was working well up until this afternoon, and I have not changed any settings. It does not appear to be the server, as PuTTY is still connecting, my VPN is connected. WiFi connection is at full capacity. I checked the firewall and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I also tried connecting using an FTP, but it appears to only be an SFTP server.

I'm new to FileZilla, so please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. Thank you!

FileZilla version: 3.48.1
Windows 10, 64-bit
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (187.89 KiB) Viewed 1442 times

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Connected to host but no remote directory is appearing

#2 Post by botg » 2020-06-07 09:08

Are you able to use PuTTY's psftp tool?

saherron
500 Command not understood
First name: Sterling
Last name: Herron

Re: Connected to host but no remote directory is appearing

#3 Post by saherron » 2020-06-11 18:48

Well, it turns out it was the server. They were doing maintenance. I was surprised that it would say that it connected but not allow any access, as I have not encountered this before. Thanks for the help, feel free to delete this thread if it is no longer helpful.