Xfer Queue stops.. something happened between v3.3 -> 3.48

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

eqiz
500 Command not understood
First name: Matt
Last name: Ham

Xfer Queue stops.. something happened between v3.3 -> 3.48

#1 Post by eqiz » 2020-07-04 20:26

I normally do huge backups of around 400,000 files among around 600 main directories, with thousands of sub-directories. I normally run this download once a month just as a backup to my local raid system. However, I ran into a huge issue with the current version..

When doing downloading of files in 'queue' with 3 connections, it would start off like normal. However, after about 1000 files it would just get 'hung up'. It will throw the error 'Error: Disconnected from server: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted' after this it just endlessly keeps doing 'Failed Transfer' errors.

Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
Response: 220-You are user number 7 of 50 allowed.
Response: 220-Local time is now 13:23. Server port: 21.
Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Error: Connection timed out after 10 seconds of inactivity
Error: File transfer failed
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

This causes the Processing Queue to be stuck with 'Transferring' status and just endlessly sits there. I manually have to stop the processing queue, wait about 15 minutes, and do it again before it resumes like normal. This obviously is extremely annoying.. I can increase the amount of connections, and the new connections will start downloading the files perfectly fine... It seems like the 'threads' that are created for the connections are getting stuck until they are destroyed all together and new ones are created after re-starting the queue process after a while of waiting. I even check the logs on my server for Active FTP connections during this time, and there aren't any.

Now after doing research and reading a lot of places, this is being blamed on a router / firewall setup. However, I didn't change anything at all.

I ended up doing a self-test and uninstalled the latest version, and reinstalled version 3.30 and have had absolutely no issues at all. Works perfectly flawless again. Something that has been updated or changed is definitely causing the issue. I'm hoping this gets resolved sometime in the future, unless there is something I need to change in the current version?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Xfer Queue stops.. something happened between v3.3 -> 3.48

#2 Post by botg » 2020-07-05 18:37

What does it say in the message log before the first ECONNABORTED after which it stops working?