FATAL ERROR: Network error: Permission denied ... No retry delays!!!

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

topbanana
450 Internal Error

FATAL ERROR: Network error: Permission denied ... No retry delays!!!

#1 Post by topbanana » 2020-07-20 18:25

When enabling, disabling, my VPN, or switching VPN servers, the connection drops out as expected, but FileZilla goes crazy and rapidly pukes all/most of active/queued transfers into "Failed transfers".
It does not obey any delay between retries!

This used to work, but a few months ago, it changed behavior.
The VPN sometimes disconnects/reconnects by itself, but mostly i am switching servers or enabling/disabling... But every time, it'll puke the transfers/queue out.
The VPN is used when connected over my mobile internet, as the default routing the mobile provider sends it out on is diabolical, so just VPNing to the nearest server first triples, quadruples the transfer speeds. Crazy but true! When using our fibre connection, it's routing is awesome and runs at full speed, so the VPN just is not used... and FZ behaves just fine if the connection drops out in more normal way, retrying and delaying as expected.

This now means that my transfers cannot be left to get on with it, like i've been able to for years! This is unworkable.
If the connection between FZ and my server is interrupted in any way, it must retry as many times as i set, and after the delay that i set!

Here's what the log says. It has the same error for as many times as the retry limit says, and there's zero pause between the errors.

Code: Select all

Error:	FATAL ERROR: Network error: Permission denied
Error:	File transfer failed
Response:	fzSftp started, protocol_version=9
Command:	open "fredblogs@123.456.789.123" 22
Command:	open "fredblogs@123.456.789.123" 22