FileZilla on New PC Won't Keep Alive, Worked Fine on Other PC

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

geekinchief
500 Command not understood
First name: Avram
Last name: Piltch

FileZilla on New PC Won't Keep Alive, Worked Fine on Other PC

#1 Post by geekinchief » 2020-10-21 20:04

So I have a problem. I'm using FileZilla 3.5.1.0 on two Windows 10 PCs. On my laptop, which I've had it on for years, it connects to my hosting service quickly and maintains a connection all day if necessary. On my new desktop, same version and Windows 10 also, it insists on reconnecting for every single file I upload, even if I upload multiple files at once or upload separate ones a second apart. So, uploading a 2K file went from a process that took a second to one that takes like 30 seconds every time. The settings seem to be identical on both FileZilla systems and both are let through the Windows Firewall.

I'm connecting via FTP with setting Use explicit FTP over TLS if available, Server type: Default, Transfer mode default. I tried setting the Connection timeout to 0 (which is supposed to be forever) and to the maximum of 9999 and it doesn't matter. Meanwhile, on my other computer, it's at 20 and stays connected all day. Any idea what's going on here? I literally exported the settings from the working computer as an XML and imported them to this computer so I can't see anything different. Both are using standard Windows firewall, no special software.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FileZilla on New PC Won't Keep Alive, Worked Fine on Other PC

#2 Post by botg » 2020-10-21 20:22

Are there any differences visible in the message log?