FileZilla pro and Dropbox Business

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

zeeh1975
500 Command not understood
First name: Eduardo
Last name: Hernandez

FileZilla pro and Dropbox Business

#1 Post by zeeh1975 » 2020-11-10 17:33

I'm interested on Filezilla pro but need confirmation that it works with Dropbox Business because FAQ only says Dropbox. Can anyone confirm that FileZilla pro works with Dropbox Business?

josuegomes
First name: Josue
Last name: Gomes

Re: FileZilla pro and Dropbox Business

#2 Post by josuegomes » 2020-11-11 10:25

FileZilla Pro does support Dropbox for Business. You will see your team shared folders (also known as team folders) listed together with your own private directories.
If you have the correct permissions granted by the Dropbox administrator it is also ok for you to upload to and download from the team folders.

However neither a business admin user nor a business regular user can create or delete a team folder. This is blocked by Dropbox.

zeeh1975
First name: Eduardo
Last name: Hernandez

#3 Post by zeeh1975 » 2020-11-12 14:14

josuegomes wrote:
2020-11-11 10:25
FileZilla Pro does support Dropbox for Business. You will see your team shared folders (also known as team folders) listed together with your own private directories.
If you have the correct permissions granted by the Dropbox administrator it is also ok for you to upload to and download from the team folders.

However neither a business admin user nor a business regular user can create or delete a team folder. This is blocked by Dropbox.
Thank you.

tbutton

#4 Post by tbutton » 2021-05-18 18:38

josuegomes wrote:
2020-11-11 10:25

Where exactly are you claiming this is possible, because based off of our experience this is not the case. Anything in the root directory of the Business Dropbox (not specifically in my user folders) is not accessible via Filezilla Pro. Even if I explicitly share a folder to my user, additional to the access my user already has under the domain, it still does not show up in Filezilla Pro.

What are the steps to achieve what you are describing because we have yet to be able to replicate this and can only access things explicitly under our personal user ownership.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#5 Post by botg » 2021-05-19 00:11

Please bring this up in our customer support forums at https://customerforum.filezilla-project.org/