Unable to Connect to Server

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

jgahagan
500 Command not understood
First name: Josh
Last name: Gahagan

Unable to Connect to Server

#1 Post by jgahagan » 2020-11-21 22:13

I've been using Filezilla Client for years now and have rarely encountered a problem. Now for some reason, I am unable to connect at all to the server, and always get "login authentication failed" and "critical error, cannot connect to server" messages.

It had been awhile since I've updated the Filezilla application so thought that may be the issue, though it still does not connect after updating just now. My operating system is Windows 10, which I recently acquired from a friend.

Any help that can be provided or suggested would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Unable to Connect to Server

#2 Post by botg » 2020-11-23 07:43

Please double-check your login credentials. Watch out for character case and leading/trailing whitespace. Contact your sever administrator or server hosting provider for further assistance if the issue persists.

jgahagan
500 Command not understood
First name: Josh
Last name: Gahagan

Re: Unable to Connect to Server

#3 Post by jgahagan » 2020-11-23 18:39

botg wrote:
2020-11-23 07:43
Please double-check your login credentials. Watch out for character case and leading/trailing whitespace. Contact your sever administrator or server hosting provider for further assistance if the issue persists.
Thank you for the reply first off! I've used HostGator for my domain name ever since I started, but am having a hard time actually getting in touch with someone. They provide a list of options for help but cannot seem to find what I'm looking for. I know I am entering the correct login information, though sometimes it may take me two or three tries to get the username or password right.