Downloading disrupts connection for other devices

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Puncake99
500 Command not understood

Downloading disrupts connection for other devices

#1 Post by Puncake99 » 2021-02-26 12:49

Hi there,

I've been running into an issue recently where whenever i download something from FileZilla, either 20gb or 40gb files, other devices on my home network drop network connection intermittently aswell as slowing it massively. The PC I'm using to download the file doesn't get affected. This doesn't happen when downloading from other services, only when downloading directly from Filezilla.

Is there a setting i need to toggle on/off? has anyone ran into the same issue before?

Kind regards

boco
Contributor

Re: Downloading disrupts connection for other devices

#2 Post by boco » 2021-02-27 14:22

FileZilla transfers as fast as possible. With an underpowered network (or with a lot of firewalls and AV), this transfer will completely saturate the network, creating congestion and causing dropouts.

Use the speed limiter in FileZilla to lower the transfer speed somewhat, leaving more bandwidth for other operations.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

Puncake99
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by Puncake99 » 2021-03-11 20:51

Thanks boco for the reply.

I'll try a speed limiter.

I've also noticed another thing, The connection dots (red and green) show a different download speed to what my actual file download is.

For example they're showing 4.8 MiB/s, however the download shows 4.4 MiB/s. And sometimes these connection dots are blinking.

Is this normal?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2021-03-12 10:14

Normal. The indicators show momentary speeds, whereas the queue shows average speed by default.