recent problems with box.com

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

johnny_canuck
503 Bad sequence of commands

recent problems with box.com

#1 Post by johnny_canuck » 2021-03-19 16:49

I use FZ (current version 3.53.0, 64-bit) to transfer files up/down from my account with Box.com. I've made such transfers almost daily, for years, with nary an issue -- until today. No changes to settings , but now, when I try to access my Box.com account, using implicit FTP over TLS, I get the following pop-up error:
"This server does not support TLS session resumption on the data connection.

<bunch of stuff about why this is important>

Host: ftp.box.com
Port: 990

Then a checkbox asking if I want to allow insecure data connection for this server in future sessions.
I'm puzzled by the sudden appearance of this error message, and, if I ignore it, don't check the 'check box', and proceed, looks like I have a completely secure connection (Protocol TLS1.2, Cippher AES-256-GCM, Key Exchange ECDHE....).

Suggestions? Comments?

Many thanks in advance...

johnny_canuck

Re: recent problems with box.com

#2 Post by johnny_canuck » 2021-03-19 16:59

Well, one *big* clue. I downgraded from 3.53.0 -> 3.52.2, and presto chango, the problem disappearred. :)

So, seems as if *something* changed with the update to 3.53.0 that causes FZ to no longer 'play nice' with Box.com. :?

boco
Contributor

#3 Post by boco » 2021-03-19 22:48

Wrong. The problem is always there, it just happens that FileZilla 3.53.0 is the first version to actually report it. In other words: The connection was always less-than-secure, you just were unaware of it.

The issue must be solved by box.com (by finally supporting that important security feature).
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

johnny_canuck

#4 Post by johnny_canuck » 2021-03-19 23:35

Interesting. Thanks for the information.