recent problems with box.com

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

johnny_canuck
503 Bad sequence of commands

recent problems with box.com

#1 Post by johnny_canuck » 2021-03-19 16:49

I use FZ (current version 3.53.0, 64-bit) to transfer files up/down from my account with Box.com. I've made such transfers almost daily, for years, with nary an issue -- until today. No changes to settings , but now, when I try to access my Box.com account, using implicit FTP over TLS, I get the following pop-up error:
"This server does not support TLS session resumption on the data connection.

<bunch of stuff about why this is important>

Host: ftp.box.com
Port: 990

Then a checkbox asking if I want to allow insecure data connection for this server in future sessions.
I'm puzzled by the sudden appearance of this error message, and, if I ignore it, don't check the 'check box', and proceed, looks like I have a completely secure connection (Protocol TLS1.2, Cippher AES-256-GCM, Key Exchange ECDHE....).

Suggestions? Comments?

Many thanks in advance...

johnny_canuck

Re: recent problems with box.com

#2 Post by johnny_canuck » 2021-03-19 16:59

Well, one *big* clue. I downgraded from 3.53.0 -> 3.52.2, and presto chango, the problem disappearred. :)

So, seems as if *something* changed with the update to 3.53.0 that causes FZ to no longer 'play nice' with Box.com. :?

boco
Contributor

#3 Post by boco » 2021-03-19 22:48

Wrong. The problem is always there, it just happens that FileZilla 3.53.0 is the first version to actually report it. In other words: The connection was always less-than-secure, you just were unaware of it.

The issue must be solved by box.com (by finally supporting that important security feature).
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

johnny_canuck

#4 Post by johnny_canuck » 2021-03-19 23:35

Interesting. Thanks for the information.