How can I automatically set folder permissions to 755 and file permissions to 644?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Wandering1
500 Command not understood

How can I automatically set folder permissions to 755 and file permissions to 644?

#1 Post by Wandering1 » 2021-04-29 21:25

Is there a way to configure FileZilla to automatically upload folders with permissions of 755 and files with permissions of 644? Right now it's uploading folders with 775 and files with 664 and with thousands of files and folders it's very time consuming to manually change the permissions.

Also, how can I configure FileZilla to show the permissions as a number like 755 instead of letters like "drwxr-xr-x"?

boco
Contributor

Re: How can I automatically set folder permissions to 755 and file permissions to 644?

#2 Post by boco » 2021-04-30 00:08

Is there a way to configure FileZilla to automatically upload folders with permissions of 755 and files with permissions of 644?
Unfortunately not possible. Permissions have to be set after that transfer is complete. That is, if the server even supports that (it actually doesn't have to).
Right now it's uploading folders with 775 and files with 664 and with thousands of files and folders it's very time consuming to manually change the permissions.
No, it doesn't. Actually, it does not care about permissions at all. The permissions you mentioned are applied by the server (UMASK and/or inheritance).
Also, how can I configure FileZilla to show the permissions as a number like 755 instead of letters like "drwxr-xr-x"?
You can't, it's displayed how the server sends it. Completely ignored by FileZilla for any purpose, not guaranteed to be meaningful nor accurate). Please note that neither FTP nor SFTP have any features dealing with permissions. CHMOD is a custom SITE command.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

Wandering1
500 Command not understood

Re: How can I automatically set folder permissions to 755 and file permissions to 644?

#3 Post by Wandering1 » 2021-04-30 02:13

Ok, I guess it's not FileZilla related but do you by chance know how to configure the default file and folder permissions through WHM or C-Panel? And how to display it as a number instead of letters?