working MRU lists (& other features) would be nice !

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Bert75
500 Command not understood
First name: Bert
Last name: Cuzeau

working MRU lists (& other features) would be nice !

#1 Post by Bert75 » 2021-05-06 07:47

I have been using FZ... forever (or close ;-)
With teleworking generalized, I use it even more now, and there are a number of productivity features that I find missing, but maybe it's the way I use FZ...

*1* MRU lists
It's frustrating to have "Local site" and "Remote site" drop boxes not remembering from the previous runs.
As I see it, they are not really useful due to this.
I don't think it's a safety feature.

*2* File sorting order
Ideally, the sorting criteria should be remembered when modified by the user on a "per-folder" basis (like windows)
And this should ideally be persistent between sessions.

*3* Having to Refresh all the time.
I understand this one might be a bit more challenging to implement but it would be VERY nice (and much safer IMO) if an automatic refresh could be triggered when an event happens in the directory.
I imagine it might be difficult (impossible ?) to implement for the remote site, but it should be doable for the Local computer and this would be a great improvement.
For the remote site, an option to "auto-refresh every xx seconds" shouldn't be hard to implement (IMO).

*4* Right click on a local directory should offer the option to open a file explorer here.
Shouldn't be hard to implement, would be handy (in the way I use FZ).

In any case, thanks for developing and maintaining FileZilla !
Bert

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: working MRU lists (& other features) would be nice !

#2 Post by botg » 2021-05-06 15:18

*1* MRU lists
It's frustrating to have "Local site" and "Remote site" drop boxes not remembering from the previous runs.
Agreed, this could be useful.
*2* File sorting order
Ideally, the sorting criteria should be remembered when modified by the user on a "per-folder" basis (like windows)
And this should ideally be persistent between sessions.
I find this one of the most frustrating aspects about Explorer. So much wasted time because of it.
*4* Right click on a local directory should offer the option to open a file explorer here.
Shouldn't be hard to implement, would be handy (in the way I use FZ).
Already there. If I right click any local directory and select Open, it opens Explorer.