Same files keep failing to transfer

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Placidhead
500 Command not understood
First name: Matt
Last name: Stanton

Same files keep failing to transfer

#1 Post by Placidhead » 2021-05-18 13:34

I'm trying to upload my minecraft server files to my server from my laptop and uploading takes a long time so I left my computer open all night. When I woke up, it was about 2/3 of the way through and there was a prompt to overwrite existing files, which made absolutely no sense because there were no files in the server before I uploaded them. I thought maybe it had to do with midnight changing the dates on the files and making Filezilla think the files were different or something so I just clicked overwrite on four files and I think they transferred correctly but then everything started failing. About 1/3 of the files failed to transfer and they're the same type of file as the ones that successfully transferred so it doesn't make any sense. Here's a log of one file:

Status: Starting upload of /Users/mattstanton941/Downloads/The Jungle 5:17:2021/thejungle/region/r.-2.-20.mca
Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/thejungle/region"...
Command: put "/Users/mattstanton941/Downloads/The Jungle 5:17:2021/thejungle/region/r.-2.-20.mca" "r.-2.-20.mca"
Error: /thejungle/region/r.-2.-20.mca: open for write: received failure with description 'Failure'
Error: File transfer failed

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Same files keep failing to transfer

#2 Post by botg » 2021-05-18 14:51

For some reason the server cannot open the file for writing. Unfortunately it doesn't tell you why, as error reason it merely states "Failure". Please contact your server administrator or server hosting provider for assistance to diagnose the server.

Placidhead
500 Command not understood
First name: Matt
Last name: Stanton

Re: Same files keep failing to transfer

#3 Post by Placidhead » 2021-05-18 22:18

Ok they figured it out.