File Order issue

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

cwZilla
500 Command not understood

File Order issue

#1 Post by cwZilla » 2021-05-21 19:16

Hello all,

I want to love, and if I can get it to work for me, support filezilla.... from here on since I'm now using Linux and windows.

However, as I'm trying it out I cannot get it to work as I need, and why I'm here asking for your help :) hoping it's just that I'm new.

I order both my local files/dir and the server side files/dirs by date modified/uploaded. In FZ I have to click Date twice in either side and the dirs are always lumped together even through one may have a newly modified file in it while the others do not. When I disconnect and reconnect the files are all re-ordered - yikes! The file ordering seems glitchy, and so I have to first, re-order files in each side, before doing my work, and I am not 100% that FZ is showing me what I need. I'm hoping there is a way around this.

Q1: is there a way to have FZ remember to order the files based on Date always? That is to open up in this order each time it is launched.
Q2: is there a way to have FZ order DIRs based on modified files within them, and not based on the fact that they are all dirs?
Q3: is there a way to set FZ to auto re-fresh-the-order after a new upload? At least on the server side ♥

Also, with so many files, the ordering keeps me straight on new files and knowing if files have disappeared or been moved on the server, yes this happens. I really need both sides to match by date modified/date uploaded :D comparing sides in every way is very important to what I need from an ftp client.

Thanks for all your help,

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: File Order issue

#2 Post by botg » 2021-05-24 06:39

FileZilla remembers the selected sort order.

Sorting based on content is not possible, that would require first listing all directories and would thus be far too slow.

It already does.

cwZilla

#3 Post by cwZilla » 2021-05-24 18:46

Hum... I see.

Thanks for the reply ~ I appreciated it.
Last edited by cwZilla on 2021-05-24 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

cwZilla

#4 Post by cwZilla » 2021-05-24 18:54

Oooops, let me be clearer -

I just used FZ, uploaded 3 newly edited files, they show up at the top of my home dir being sorted by date/modified.
After I upload them I click to refresh the server side (right-hand) listed by date, and they are no where to be seen, I could spend time scrolling down thousands of files but I don't want to. So I upload them each individually refreshing each just after, and each now show up matching my home dir now.

All of this is extra 'work' from what I am used to, so I figured it was me not configuring FZ correctly for how I want to use it. And so I post here.... :D

These visual confirmations are very important to me, and the way I work. I hope this is better explained now.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#5 Post by botg » 2021-05-26 07:07

FileZilla automatically refreshes the remote file list once the queue has finished processing.