Filezilla cannot open .toml files

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

armstronct
500 Command not understood

Filezilla cannot open .toml files

#1 Post by armstronct » 2021-06-11 02:13

Not sure if this is Filezillas fault, or something else going on, but I've been googling and troubleshooting for nearly an hour and I'm getting frustrated.

I am trying to open a server config file to change a port for a mod, and the file is in .toml. (This is all for minecraft btw) Whenever I try to open it with notepad (and when notepad didn't work I also tried sublime, same exact results) , it brings up several options, and none of the options work. They all just say "No program has been associated on your system with this file type". So I went down a whole rabbit hole with that trying to make an association, but that didn't work because toml doesn't show up in any of the association options. I figured this was a windows problem, but googling didn't help and I never got connected with tech support after waiting for 20 minutes. Then, I realized windows had no issues opening other toml files, it was only an issue through fz. I then tried downloading the toml file so maybe I could edit it and then replace the old file with the one with the new port, but fz isn't letting me download it, either, it just says "could not start transfer". I tried accessing the file from the download of the mod, but that doesn't work because I specifically need to get in through the server side of things (/world/serverconfig). I honestly don't really know jack about servers or coding or anything, I just deal with that stuff as I get to it (which hasn't been much) so I'm honestly not very knowledgeable on any of this; so It's completely possible I'm missing something silly or this is the wrong place to be posting about this, but I just can't figure it out and have no idea where else to go for help.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Filezilla cannot open .toml files

#2 Post by botg » 2021-06-11 07:06

What options have you configured on the editing page in the settings dialog?