Connection to the server outside of FilleZilla only works when FileZilla is connected to that server on MacOS

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

mikoolsz
500 Command not understood

Connection to the server outside of FilleZilla only works when FileZilla is connected to that server on MacOS

#1 Post by mikoolsz » 2021-07-08 07:36

Hi there!

I have a strange problem that took me a while to figure out. I'm using FileZilla to transfer my website's files to the server via FTP. The thing is, that I can only access the website (view it in a browser) when FileZilla is connected to that server. Once it disconnects, I immediately lose access to the website (the browser displays: "Can't display the page. The server is not responding."). The same with email located on the same server. I can check mail via Thunderbird only if I'm connected to that server in FileZilla. I can ping the server address with no problems.

System: MacOS Catalina
FileZilla: Latest version

Is it possible that FileZilla is messing up some system files that configure web traffic through http on OSX?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Connection to the server outside of FilleZilla only works when FileZilla is connected to that server on MacOS

#2 Post by botg » 2021-07-09 10:32

That sounds like a very badly configured firewall either on the server or your client machine.