FTP upload: file corruption

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

qing
500 Command not understood
First name: kestrel
Last name: brown

FTP upload: file corruption

#1 Post by qing » 2021-09-15 10:21

Hi all,

I recently encountered a very strange file corruption problem.

The scenario is that I upload a file from my PC(macOS) through FTP protocol with Filezilla(v3.55.1) to an FTP server(windows).

Note:

I have set the FTP mode to passive and FTP transfer mode to binary.

if the file size is bigger than 1M, it would be corrupted, but there are no errors shown at Filezilla. (File transfer successful, transferred 6014038 bytes in 12 seconds)
I check the MD5 of the file at the server-side. Which has diverted from my client-side.
I capture the packet of the communication between server and client with Wireshark, does not find any explicit error.
I also hex dump the content of the original file at the client-side and the file at the server-side and compared them, the former 16385 bytes are different, but the remaining bytes are the same. (approximately 360000 bytes).

More info:

if the file size is smaller than 100KB. It could be uploaded successfully.
if the upload speed is limited under 500KB/s(enable speed limit in FileZilla), the larger file could be uploaded successfully.

the file could be uploaded by other FTP clients to the same FTP server without corruption, so the FTP server is working fine.
I although check with my two colleagues' PC (both MacOS Bigsur), they can upload with FileZilla successfully without corruption.

at first, I doubt that there would be some problem with my network condition, but the md5 of the file I uploaded is the same every time even if it is corrupted.

Any help or tips would be very appreciated.

Best regards,
qing

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FTP upload: file corruption

#2 Post by botg » 2021-09-15 10:36

Duplicate of https://trac.filezilla-project.org/ticket/12527

Please do not ask the same question in multiple places.