Connecting through a SSH Gateway (jump host)

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

eric1708
500 Command not understood

Connecting through a SSH Gateway (jump host)

#1 Post by eric1708 » 2021-12-04 06:08

Hi there,

I'm on windows 10, and I am connecting to a private linux server through a ssh tunnel (with a public/private key identification), but I am doing that through an other SSH gateway (jump host). All of this is defined in the "config" file in the .ssh directory. This works fine, and on a Windows console, I can simply launch a ssh to my server name and I'm connected, without entering a password, etc. Still on a Windows console, I can also simply launch a sftp to my server name and this is also working fine. So far so good.

I would like to establish the same sftp connection using filezilla, but I can't find how to indicate that I need to pass through a secondary ssh gateway (jump host). Can I simply ask filezilla to use the "config" file in the .ssh directory (as the native Windows sftp is doing), and - if yes - how to do that? If not, how can I then explain Filezilla how to establish the needed connection?

Any help on that will be more than welcomed.

Best, Eric.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Connecting through a SSH Gateway (jump host)

#2 Post by botg » 2021-12-06 13:54

This is not possible.

As an alternative, you can use SSH port forwarding.