Maximum simultaneous transfers - differ between win & lunix on same PC

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

jarvismac
500 Command not understood

Maximum simultaneous transfers - differ between win & lunix on same PC

#1 Post by jarvismac » 2022-01-07 00:13

Hoping someone can help, on my pc, new download of filezilla, setup to access ftp site, changed setting for Maximum simultaneous transfers to 10 (tried 4 also) from the edit>settings menu and also went to 'Maximum number of connections' from within site manager>Transfer settings to ensure no limits were set (also tried setting limit of 10)

and I only get a maximum on two simultaneous downloads, tried many variables but I always got either 1 or 2 downloads max

using same pc, i went to my virtualbox running linux (so same internet connection), selected my linux distro Mint, downloaded Filezilla, ensured the settings were identical to the pc version and attempt the same, and instantly, all working fine downloading 10 simultaneous downloads (or whatever number i choose)

Im puzzled, as both the windows and linux are running at the same time, on the same computer, using same internet, both with latest version of filezilla and both with identical settings - yet windows version wont allow more than 2, any idea's anyone?

edit. just wanted to mention though both the windows and the linux (through virtualbox) are running at the same time, I am NOT running both the pc and linux Filezilla's at the same time

thankyou

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Maximum simultaneous transfers - differ between win & lunix on same PC

#2 Post by botg » 2022-01-07 08:48

There is no platform-specific functionality related to this. If the settings are the same, the two platforms transfer the same.

boco
Contributor

#3 Post by boco » 2022-01-07 09:51

What about Antivirus and Firewalls? Many users under Windows usually have lots and lots of snake oil installed. Each packet inspection can hose the connections.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

jarvismac

#4 Post by jarvismac » 2022-01-08 00:25

boco wrote:
2022-01-07 09:51
What about Antivirus and Firewalls? Many users under Windows usually have lots and lots of snake oil installed. Each packet inspection can hose the connections.
I am running Bit Defender antivirus and firewall, maybe that's the culprit

daniellemill
First name: danielle
Last name: mill

#5 Post by daniellemill » 2022-02-01 18:08

I constantly had a problem with the Bitdefender at work, I turn it off and everything works great)))