How to change/disable authentication every time I try to open or download a file?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

morrismpls
500 Command not understood
First name: Bill
Last name: Morris

How to change/disable authentication every time I try to open or download a file?

#1 Post by morrismpls » 2022-01-19 20:20

We use a pin + RSA fob code to log into our unix environment. Every time I try to open or download a file, it asks for the passcode.

I've turned the "timeout in seconds" in the setting to 0 to disable that, but it still asks every time. IPSwitch is clunkier and slower, but I can open files without having to enter the passcode (unless I've been inactive for a longer time).

Is there an option I can set to avoid that annoying reauthentication every time I try to open a file from our Unix environment?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: How to change/disable authentication every time I try to open or download a file?

#2 Post by botg » 2022-01-20 08:46

Easiest option is to switch to using ordinary passwords, but I suppose that's too easy. Making things complicated is all the fashion these days 8)

Try limiting the amount of connection to 1 in the Site Manager. Note that you will lose the ability to browse the server during ongoing transfers.