Error: Could not connect to server

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Minrey
500 Command not understood
First name: Minnie
Last name: Reyes

Re: Error: Could not connect to server

#16 Post by Minrey » 2012-07-09 02:07

Hello and thank you for such a prompt response

Please forgive me as I am fairly new to ftp and whathave you.

what I am trying to do is transfer files such as images directly from my computer to my blog without having to use any of those file sharing websites such as photobucket, imageshack or 4shared sites.

Not sure what more information you need
but I have a wireless modem and I believe both the server and client are the same LAN.
I use windows vista and google chrome browser.
please let me know what other information you need.

The only thing I can say for now is that if I can't get FileZilla to work, I will have no choice but to delete it and find some other free FTA server/host

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Minrey

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#17 Post by botg » 2012-07-09 06:24

The only thing I can say for now is that if I can't get FileZilla to work, I will have no choice but to delete it and find some other free FTA server/host
FileZilla is merely an FTP client. We don't offer any server hosting.

Jacksha
500 Command not understood

#18 Post by Jacksha » 2013-03-30 14:17

I had the same problem as you guys and finally i found the solution.

My problem was this:
For a week or 2 i could connect normal to one of the servers that i work on trough ftp, but for few days i couldn't (although i used the same settings).
After disabling firewalls, antivirus and port forwarding the problem remained. The weird thing was that that i couldn't connect from home but the same ftp worked fine from my work place.

The problem was in the dynamic external IP address. The server is blocking some ip addresses and my internet provider changes my IP address automatically every few days and so i got the one which server blocked.

THE SOLUTION:
Login to your router and reconnect/ask for another IP and try loging in to FTP server again.
If it fails try it again cause chances are you could get the "wrong" ip address again. :)

Hope this helped.