filezilla does not fail over to ipv4

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

nobby6
500 Command not understood
First name: Nobby
Last name: Edwards

filezilla does not fail over to ipv4

#1 Post by nobby6 » 2022-06-02 00:00

Hi,
There is an ftp mirror I am trying to access, the mirror is known to have routing issues at the moment with ipv6, but ipv4 is working perfectly fine, however filezilla only tries ipv6 and times out, retries each time only ipv6, then hitting its 3 retry limit and gives up. The display clearly shows it is only trying ipv6, not once does it try the failover to ipv4 which would work since I can get it to using telnet.

Every client for anything should failover to ipv4 when ipv6 fails, this works with mail and websites and jabber and.... so it's not a PC or OS issue, but a filezilla one.

Is this a known bug? I find it hard to believe this is how it is developed so am I missing a hidden option that I can't find to get it to play ball ?
(latest filezilla on win10 pro 64bit just d/l'd from official website) (this is an office PC so I cant just disable ipv6 which works fine with everything else)

Any pointers?
Thanks

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: filezilla does not fail over to ipv4

#2 Post by botg » 2022-06-02 10:18

Try setting a timeout in FileZilla that is longer than the operating system's TCP timeout for connection attempts.

nobby6
500 Command not understood
First name: Nobby
Last name: Edwards

Re: filezilla does not fail over to ipv4

#3 Post by nobby6 » 2022-06-03 02:18

Will do, I wont be back in office till early next week now, will report back then.
Thanks