Hide identical files, but show all folders?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

ctome3
500 Command not understood
First name: Tom
Last name: E

Hide identical files, but show all folders?

#1 Post by ctome3 » 2022-06-02 17:24

Is there a way to turn on "hide identical files" and have that apply only to files and not folders?

I have a local copy of a central file repository that I need to keep (mostly) in sync, and there are many directories with hundreds (and in some cases thousands) of files in them. Being able to turn on "hide identical files" is really great to keep the lists of files manageable and see at a glance what's changed. However, it would be super helpful if there were a way to always show all folders regardless if their time stamps are the same, as I have many folders that are technically "identical" (from FileZilla's perspective) but the contents of those folders (or their subfolders) do have some updated files in them. What would be great is to have the ability to show the whole directory structure, but hide identical files, so I don't either a) have to keep toggling the option on and off in every directory, or b) accidentally miss a folder that really does have some changes buried in it as I browse through the directory tree.

Is there any way to do that? If not it seems like it would be a useful option, at least for me...

[I say "mostly" in sync above because there are certain circumstances where I don't want to bring over the updated file, so simply doing a full automated sync isn't normally a viable option.]

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Hide identical files, but show all folders?

#2 Post by botg » 2022-06-07 08:13

Did you have a look at the comparative search? Might simplify your workflow a lot.