images not displaying properly until name is changed

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

WV-Mike
550 File not found
First name: WV
Last name: Mike

images not displaying properly until name is changed

#1 Post by WV-Mike » 2022-06-15 16:52

I am using Win 7 so I expect limited support/help.
-----
When I upload an image file to be loaded to a web page it does not display.
If I change the name of the image file on the server side then change the file name in the HTML it will load and display

Additionally:
If I resize an image which I previously uploaded the new size is not displayed.
If I rename the resized image and upload it and edit the HTML it will display as expected.
This alos happens if the file is deleted server side and then upload again,

The two differently sized files are below this image:
https://www.epicroadtrips.us/2022/40th_ ... 000009.jpg

I downloaded FZ FileZilla_3.60.1_win64_sponsored-setup.exe and reinstalled but this did not solve the problem.
Thanks,
WV-Mike
Attachments
fzilla_ss.jpg
fzilla_ss.jpg (95.86 KiB) Viewed 933 times

boco
Contributor

Re: images not displaying properly until name is changed

#2 Post by boco » 2022-06-16 00:19

For me, both are displayed, same picture, but different sizes.

If you have such persistence problems, then there's heavy caching going on. Hosting server, ISPs, your computer and all browsers will cache HTML elements and re-serve them from cache instead of reloading from the web. This will make browsing faster, but may serve outdated things from cache. There are HTTP directives (Cache-control) the server must send if you want no caching (or different from default).
Simplest possible solution, clear your browser cache before re-checking the page. Alternatively, do a "hard refresh" (it is CTRL+F5 on Firefox, and may be similar on other browsers).

If your hoster or ISP is caching, that's out of your control, you'll need to wait until their cache expires. We had reported waiting times of up to 72 hours.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

WV-Mike
550 File not found
First name: WV
Last name: Mike

Re: images not displaying properly until name is changed

#3 Post by WV-Mike » 2022-06-16 15:58

It turned out to be Cloud Flare cacheing which was causing the issue.
I opted to disable DF on the domain and now all is behaving as expected.

Thanks for your informative reply.
WV-Mike
------
boco wrote:
2022-06-16 00:19
For me, both are displayed, same picture, but different sizes.

If you have such persistence problems, then there's heavy caching going on. Hosting server, ISPs, your computer and all browsers will cache HTML elements and re-serve them from cache instead of reloading from the web. This will make browsing faster, but may serve outdated things from cache. There are HTTP directives (Cache-control) the server must send if you want no caching (or different from default).
Simplest possible solution, clear your browser cache before re-checking the page. Alternatively, do a "hard refresh" (it is CTRL+F5 on Firefox, and may be similar on other browsers).

If your hoster or ISP is caching, that's out of your control, you'll need to wait until their cache expires. We had reported waiting times of up to 72 hours.