ECONNABORTED It's the server's fault - but only at end of download - and only just started?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

asimplelife
500 Command not understood

ECONNABORTED It's the server's fault - but only at end of download - and only just started?

#1 Post by asimplelife » 2022-07-03 00:15

08:17:52 Status: File transfer successful, transferred 22,962 bytes in 1 second
08:17:52 Status: File transfer successful, transferred 11,476 bytes in 1 second
08:18:32 Response: 421 Timeout - try typing a little faster next time
08:18:32 Error: GnuTLS error -110 in gnutls_record_recv: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
08:18:32 Status: Server did not properly shut down TLS connection
08:18:32 Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
08:18:32 Error: Disconnected from server
08:18:52 Status: Disconnected from server
08:18:52 Status: Disconnected from server
With my situation, this error is always happening after my download completes.
So is the problem with my FileZilla client not disconnecting from the server quickly enough?
Therefore the server just disconnects me?
If that is all that is happening, how do I reconfigure my settings so I don't get this error all the time?

I have left my further wanderings down below, in case my question is not really as simple as stated above.

I think I have read enough of the sticky thread to understand that my host's server is creating this error?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7688
But it feels a little different because my download always completes before the error.
I also feel this error has only started in the last week or so. But I could be wrong about that.

Have a ticket going with my host.
They don't believe the issue is with them and are advising me not to worry about it if my download always completes.
They have also advised there have been no recent changes to their server.

I only use FTP and FileZilla from time to time to download/backup some wordpress websites.
I have been with my host for 6 months now and they are very cooperative and helpful in most matters.
I don't believe this error was happening before a week ago - but I could be wrong - I have updated the FileZilla client in that time - my version is 3.60.1

On my main reseller server, across several domains/websites tested, the timeout interval happens within a range of 4 to 40 seconds.
Interestingly, I have access to another server with the same server host, and the same error happens, but after around 4 to 7 minutes.

I have also tried adjustments to this FileZilla settings field - Edit > Settings > Connection. Timeout in seconds
From 9999 to 20 to 10
But that seems to make no difference to the interval before the error?
I am not sure that it should though?

Was hoping to confirm that my problem is the same one as noted in the sticky?
Because there it seems to occur during a download?
And if it is the same problem, is there a better way I can approach this with my otherwise very cooperative server host, to get resolved?
At this stage, I was going to try saying to them;

"If you get this error if listing a directory or if downloading a file, it means that your server did not send the SSL/TLS closure notification as required by the SSL/TLS specifications.
Closing the data connection for the transfer connection without an orderly SSL/TLS shutdown violates the specifications. Furthermore, not performing the shutdown is indistinguishable from an attacker sending spoofed FIN TCP packets to the server, leading to truncated, yet apparently complete, successful transfers."

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: ECONNABORTED It's the server's fault - but only at end of download - and only just started?

#2 Post by botg » 2022-07-04 07:44

Looks like it is just the server closing the now idle transfer connection, nothing wrong with that.

asimplelife
500 Command not understood

Re: ECONNABORTED It's the server's fault - but only at end of download - and only just started?

#3 Post by asimplelife » 2022-07-05 08:43

Thankyou.
That's what my host is saying.
I am probably just being over zealous.