images not displaying after ftp transfer

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

marycn
500 Command not understood
First name: Mary
Last name: Nolan

images not displaying after ftp transfer

#1 Post by marycn » 2022-07-04 13:33

Dear reader(s)

I am using Notepad++ to create website pages in html which I then transfer using Filezilla. This has been working perfectly until recently.

When I edit a page in Notepad++ and then view it in my browser (Chrome), it displays perfectly. I then use Filezilla to transfer the edited page and that appears to work. However, when I open the website in Google, none of the images displays. I don't imagine this is a problem with the html code - and believe me, I've checked and rechecked - but am at a loss to understand where the problem could otherwise be located. And yes, I (eventually) remembered to transfer the images file as well as the edited file, which I was sure would resolve the issue !

I'd be grateful for any help - at my age (not telling), time is of the essence !
Mary

boco
Contributor

Re: images not displaying after ftp transfer

#2 Post by boco » 2022-07-04 13:37

One thing to check is the URLs/paths inside the HTML document, the ones you used to link to the images. They must match exactly with the true paths and image filenames on the server.
This is especially true for case. While Windows doesn't care for character case, web server do! So, Image.png is a different file than image.png, even if it's only the capital I.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

marycn

#3 Post by marycn » 2022-07-04 13:54

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have been very careful about reproducing filenames accurately, but no harm to check again.

marycn

#4 Post by marycn » 2022-07-05 13:17

Just fyi, I have sorted the problem myself, by re-transferring the files one at a time...