Drag and Drop not working windows 11

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Hugh_K
550 Permission denied
First name: Hugh
Last name: Kallen

Drag and Drop not working windows 11

#1 Post by Hugh_K » 2022-09-09 14:44

Windows 11, newest version (Sept 09, 2022) version of Filezilla.

As many of us have figured out, drag and drop in windows 11 is basically disabled. But I have loaded an amazing open source utility called explorerpatcher which restores a lot of windows 10 functionality to windows 11, including drag and drop for file explorer windows. https://github.com/valinet/ExplorerPatcher

However, I am unable to drag from the FileZilla remote site box to a windows file explorer window. I can drag to the filezilla local site folder just fine.

Are others having this issue? Is there a fix?

Hugh_K
550 Permission denied

Re: Drag and Drop not working windows 11

#2 Post by Hugh_K » 2022-10-06 20:11

Any update on this, or is this just the way it goes now?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#3 Post by botg » 2022-10-07 12:45

Is the FileZilla shell extension installed, and did you reboot since installing FileZilla?

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2022-10-07 13:56

The normal File Explorer is a UWP app now, so, there might be problems. Will have to set up a test install in order to... test.

If EP restores the Win32 version of Explorer or it still is UWP, remains to be checked.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

Hugh_K
550 Permission denied

#5 Post by Hugh_K » 2022-10-07 14:30

boco wrote:
2022-10-07 13:56
The normal File Explorer is a UWP app now, so, there might be problems. Will have to set up a test install in order to... test.

If EP restores the Win32 version of Explorer or it still is UWP, remains to be checked.
A little more info for your testing:

With my setup (using EP), I can drag from a windows 11 explorer window to the FZ remote site files window and the files are uploaded to my server.

I cannot drag from the FZ remote site files server window to a windows 11 explorer window and have the files download - I see a stop sign symbol 🚫.

Thanks for your attention to this! :hammer:
botg wrote:
2022-10-07 12:45
Is the FileZilla shell extension installed, and did you reboot since installing FileZilla?
Tell me how to determine if the shell extension is installed. I installed FZ several weeks ago, not sure what options I chose. I just keep letting FZ update to the newest version.

boco
Contributor

#6 Post by boco » 2022-10-07 17:04

Just tested with 22621.525. Drag and Drop fully works, both with the original File Explorer and with the one from EP. No matter if local or remote side.
Then, I re-ran Setup and removed the shell extension. Now, FileZilla showed the same behavior you witnessed.

So, you are indeed missing the shell extension. You need to re-run Setup, select "Add or remove components", and make sure the checkbox named "Shell extension" is ticked.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

Hugh_K
550 Permission denied

#7 Post by Hugh_K » 2022-10-07 17:50

boco wrote:
2022-10-07 17:04
Just tested with 22621.525. Drag and Drop fully works, both with the original File Explorer and with the one from EP. No matter if local or remote side.
Then, I re-ran Setup and removed the shell extension. Now, FileZilla showed the same behavior you witnessed.

So, you are indeed missing the shell extension. You need to re-run Setup, select "Add or remove components", and make sure the checkbox named "Shell extension" is ticked.
Excellent! Like a dummy I must have unchecked that for some reason when I installed. I reran setup checking shell extension as suggested, and after a reboot it is working perfectly.

Thanks for your assistance and patience.