Filzilla pre-purchase questions (portable, license,...)

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

r0n_
500 Command not understood
First name: r0n
Last name: r

Filzilla pre-purchase questions (portable, license,...)

#1 Post by r0n_ » 2022-09-14 21:34

I was thinking about purchasing a license of filezilla pro and CLI but before I do I need to know the following:

1)
I read in the terms and conditions the following:
Software may come as a one-off purchase or a subscription-based software application. In a one-off purchase you will have a right to receive services or other rights for the maximum period of time indicated in the package you have purchased or ‒ missing that indication ‒ for up to five years.
Does this mean after the purchase of a license (for filezilla pro and CLI) I get 5 years minor updates example: 1.1, 1.2 ..etc.. AND major upgrades 1.0 , 2.0,...etc..?

2)
Is filezilla pro and CLI usable in portable mode (like the downloadable zip versions of the none-pro versions of filezilla)
I want to put this filezilla pro on a usb stick which I also use on other machines (me being the user), this way I have all my cloud drives accessible from there.

EDIT:
3)
Does filezilla pro support cryptomator?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Filzilla pre-purchase questions (portable, license,...)

#2 Post by botg » 2022-09-15 07:22

1) All updates are updates. We make no distinction in major and minor updates.

2) We don't offer FileZilla Pro as a "portable" product, in the sense of put on external drive and plug it into random computers.

3) No.