Unable to open file : upload fails

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

multatuli
500 Command not understood

Unable to open file : upload fails

#1 Post by multatuli » 2022-11-20 10:37

I'm trying to restore a Wordpress site, which require the upload of numerous files. I'm on Windows, using last version of FileZilla.

Problem: among them, some files fails to upload correctly on the server, weighing 0 Ko.

I get the notification "All files could not be transfered ". If I retry to upload the files individually I get the same error.

The log displays this error: "could not open file".

Don't know if it helps: all files are located on the internal disk, path is my "MyName/Documents", synced with OneDrive.

I have tried two solutions:

1) Suspecting the problem is caused by the location of the file, I moved them to a different folder.
2) I have attempted to change the "read only" option on the folders without success.

Surprisingly, some files that could'nt be uploaded from a given folder could be uploaded after storing them elsewhere on my disk.

Thanks for your help,

multatuli
500 Command not understood

Re: Unable to open file : upload fails

#2 Post by multatuli » 2022-11-29 10:09

A new attempt today resulted in the same error,

Below is the full pattern:
  1. Displays an error in the upper log ("unable to open").

Code: Select all

Command:	put "C:\Users\...\BlockBackgroundAnimationManager.php" "BlockBackgroundAnimationManager.php"
    Error:	local: unable to open C:\Users\...\BlockBackgroundAnimationManager.php
    Error:	File transfer failed

2. When this happens, FileZilla uploads a 0 byte file with this name.

3. This file adds up to the failed transfers list.
Note: the file that FileZilla fails to open can be opened manually. It is stored in the same place as other files successfully transfered by FileZilla.

As for the Wordpress site, the extensions are having holes in their php files and the whole site has a critical error.
As long as FileZilla can't copy the files, I can't use the backups and restore the site.

The errors are mainly on the extension files, so I deleted all extensions folders that weren't correctly copied and the site works.

I continue to look for solutions, any help is welcome

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Unable to open file : upload fails

#3 Post by botg » 2022-11-29 10:14

Could the file already be opened and locked in a different program?