Hidden Folders?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

asjones
500 Syntax error

Hidden Folders?

#1 Post by asjones » 2004-11-12 20:46

I have a series of files in subdirectories that I was needing to FTP down.

When I looked at the list I though it would be easiest to just FTP the top directory and it would get all the directories below it.

That worked fine till i compaired the list of folderers to a printed list I had.

I found some of the folders were hidden and i had to maually go to some by typeing in the folder name then the contents of that folder would show up.

I looked and make sure View Hidden files was turned on but the folders still did not show up.

I am FTPing to a Sun Solaris box. Are there any other options ir things so I can ensure I am getting everything without typing in some of the folder names?

I am using FileZilla 2.2.9.

thanks for the help.

Alan

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-11-12 21:18

If the folders don't show up even with enabled "Show hidden files" it's not possible to go to the folder manually.

asjones
500 Syntax error

#3 Post by asjones » 2004-11-13 06:26

That is what I figured that view hidden files should show everything.

However I am able to still switch manually to something that does not show.

If it show i am in the /logs/ folder it might show the folder 2002, but not the folder 2003.

then i just manually add 2003/ on the location bar so it shows /logs/2003/ press enter then i get into the 2003 folder and can see the files in that folder.

Not sure why it is working that way, i just know it is working.

I tried getting out of Filezilla and getting back in but that did not seem to help.

i was stumped.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2004-11-13 10:05

Not all serverd do support "Show hidden files". Also, servers may decide to not display certain folders even with "Show hidden files" enabled.

Other than that, the only other reason why that particular folder does not display in FZ may be that your server uses a nonstandard directory listing format. Try to look for that directory in the raw directory listing.