What does Cue:586.9MiB mean?

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

jon-ede
500 Command not understood
First name: John
Last name: Edwards

What does Cue:586.9MiB mean?

#1 Post by jon-ede » 2023-05-01 13:50

I'm new to the forum and non techi so please be kind to me.
I'm using FileZilla (downloaded the latest version) and happily transfering files no problem.
I notice in the bottom right hand corner near the red and green traffic lights it says Cue: 586.9 MiB.
This displays even before I connect to the server and remains throughout. I'm wondering what it means because (as far as I'm aware) there is nothing in a cue!

Thank you...
jon-ede

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: What does Cue:586.9MiB mean?

#2 Post by botg » 2023-05-01 14:15

It's the total size of the files of the files still in the transfer queue. If you have the transfer queue hidden, you can show it through the Transfer qeue item in the View menu, or pressing the toolbar icon that toggles queue visibility, hover over the icons to see what they do.

jon-ede

#3 Post by jon-ede » 2023-05-01 19:19

Thank you botg.
I'm wondering what these files are that are waiting in the Queue!
It's a large file size and to my knowledge I haven't inniated anything to cause it.
This has only happened recently. Before, the queue was always zero and only increased as I actually uploaded files to the website, and gradually decreased as the upload took place, and on completion would return to zero.
I'm concerned that somehow a large file/files (of which I have no knowledge) is sitting on the server (or waiting to be) and using up my server space. As I indicated in my original post I'm not a techie and that's why its bugging me!

If I can't see what this file/files are on the server, and it definately is not present amongst files that are uploaded how can I find out what they are?
regards

jon-ede

jon-ede

#4 Post by jon-ede » 2023-05-01 19:32

All ok now.
I now understand what you mean't by opening the transfer queue. I didn't see it before as it was(as you indicated) hidden. And there they where - two large files waiting in the queue. I recognised them immediately remembering they were two files I 'accidently' uploaded, and when I realised I deleted them (apparently not)!
I'm very grateful to you pointing me in the right direction.
Thank you so much...

regards jon-ede