Unable To Register for the Customer Forum - And... MacOS Issue

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

LMStone510
500 Command not understood
First name: Mark
Last name: Stone

Unable To Register for the Customer Forum - And... MacOS Issue

#1 Post by LMStone510 » 2023-05-21 22:53

First Post:
I purchased FileZilla Pro from the Apple Store for my Mac, with an autorenewing subscription. After registering here in these forums I RTFM'd and saw that I should register and post to the customer forums instead. Went to register there, using the email address in the email sent to me with my order number, but the customer forums said "no match found".

More importantly, I am running FZ Client PRO 3.64.0 on MacOS 13.4 Apple M1 silicon. When I go to add a new SFTP site with logon type "Key FIle", FZC-PRO says, as soon as I select the key file:

Code: Select all

Could not create security-scoped bookmark from URL:
The file “<name-of-file>” couldn’t be opened.
This looks like maybe Bug 11913? Note that I have already given FZC-PRO Full Disk Access.

Not sure how to proceed; suggestions appreciated; TIA.
Mark

boco
Contributor

Re: Unable To Register for the Customer Forum - And... MacOS Issue

#2 Post by boco » 2023-05-21 23:33

If you purchased from the Apple Store, you need to start the Customer forum registration from within the running FileZilla Pro (from the Help menu, I believe).

Additionally, you need to configure the Apple sandbox security settings (Edit menu) for Apple Store installations. That's additionally to the OS folder security settings.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#3 Post by botg » 2023-05-22 07:53

LMStone510 wrote:
2023-05-21 22:53
as soon as I select the key file:

Based on wording, I assume you are using the standard file open dialog. Any unusual characters in the file name or path? Such as backslashes, percent-signs, ampersands, non-ASCII character and so on. Is the file or any component of the path a symbolic link? Is the keyfile stored on an external storage device or a network share?
boco wrote:Additionally, you need to configure the Apple sandbox security settings (Edit menu) for Apple Store installations
The file open dialog for the key file already does this for the selected key file. Hence the error message about security scoped bookmarks due to this operation failing for unknown reasons. macOS sadly isn't helpful in telling why the file couldn't be opened.

LMStone510

#4 Post by LMStone510 » 2023-05-22 12:41

boco wrote:
2023-05-21 23:33
If you purchased from the Apple Store, you need to start the Customer forum registration from within the running FileZilla Pro (from the Help menu, I believe).

Additionally, you need to configure the Apple sandbox security settings (Edit menu) for Apple Store installations. That's additionally to the OS folder security settings.
That worked; thanks for the customer forums registration from-within-the-client tip.

I also did from within the Filezilla client Edit > Directory Access Permissions and added the specific directory where the key file is stored. Same issue. Interestingly, I have set this up for many other servers with no issue. And, the application already had full disk access permissions in the OS.

I'll post on the Customer forums now.

Thanks again,
Mark

LMStone510

#5 Post by LMStone510 » 2023-05-22 12:44

botg wrote:
2023-05-22 07:53
LMStone510 wrote:
2023-05-21 22:53
as soon as I select the key file:

Based on wording, I assume you are using the standard file open dialog. Any unusual characters in the file name or path? Such as backslashes, percent-signs, ampersands, non-ASCII character and so on. Is the file or any component of the path a symbolic link? Is the keyfile stored on an external storage device or a network share?
boco wrote:Additionally, you need to configure the Apple sandbox security settings (Edit menu) for Apple Store installations
The file open dialog for the key file already does this for the selected key file. Hence the error message about security scoped bookmarks due to this operation failing for unknown reasons. macOS sadly isn't helpful in telling why the file couldn't be opened.
Thanks for the reply. No symlinks, back slashes nor other special characters in the directory tree. Only a few spaces, and I tried with the key file copied to a directory path with no spaces at all and still got the same error.

Now that I'm registered in the customer forums, I'll post there.

Thanks again,
Mark

boco
Contributor

#6 Post by boco » 2023-05-22 22:25

Closed for reason: Continued in the closed Customer forums.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org