Can Not Use FTP with KeepSolid VPN

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

AmBroke
500 Command not understood

Can Not Use FTP with KeepSolid VPN

#1 Post by AmBroke » 2023-06-23 13:06

Hello. I had to create a new account because guess the old one was phased out and removed. So, hello.

I wanted to restart my old server after a system wipe. I installed FileZilla_Server_1.7.2_win64-setup.exe .

I am still having issues trying to configure it for one user (the online guides seem outdated to the current version) but what I have found out is that when I use my VPN (which I change servers often so different IPs, and I did download NO-IP DUC to help with IP synchs), the program completely refuses to work and even let me access its preferences. All it scrolled with was similar to this:

Trace: CControlSocket::SendNextCommand()
Trace: CFtpLogonOpData::Send() in state 0
Status: Connection attempt failed with "EACCES - Permission denied".
Trace: CRealControlSocket::OnSocketError(13)
Trace: CRealControlSocket::DoClose(66)
Trace: CControlSocket::DoClose(66)
Trace: CFtpControlSocket::ResetOperation(66)
Trace: CControlSocket::ResetOperation(66)
Trace: CFtpLogonOpData::Reset(66) in state 1
Error: Could not connect to server
Trace: CFileZillaEnginePrivate::ResetOperation(66)

I have noticed certain things will not work with the VPN even if connected to local IPs in USA. Dell Support, Nvidia Experience. But I turn off the VPN for those briefly. With the FTP, I rather now have to turn that off at random times for my friends, especially when I am using something else Internet needed, or not home.

FileZ is in my firewalls.

I have sent an email to KeepSolid about their VPN blocking programs, but unless they massively update their code (just for little 'ol me) I do not expect to see any changes.

Would anyone happen to have some work arounds with getting the FTP server to work, allow users in, while you are running a VPN client? I have looked over other postings but none work for me. I will not be uninstalling the VPN or keeping it disabled 24/7.

Thank you.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Can Not Use FTP with KeepSolid VPN

#2 Post by botg » 2023-06-23 23:03

Status: Connection attempt failed with "EACCES - Permission denied".
That's the result of a local firewall or similar software blocking the connection. Try to contact your VPN provider for further assistance.

AmBroke
500 Command not understood

Re: Can Not Use FTP with KeepSolid VPN

#3 Post by AmBroke » 2023-06-24 02:42

Thanks for writing.

Yea, as stated I have contacted them but nothing they will do, for me directly.

Anyone else reading these boards as a work around from experience with other VPNs?