Speeds limited per file

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

fepeacock
500 Command not understood
First name: Frank
Last name: Peacock

Speeds limited per file

#1 Post by fepeacock » 2023-07-25 05:28

Hello,

Download and upload speeds per file are limited to 1.3Mb/s and 2.4Mb/s respectively. There does not appear to be settings to control this.
I have found other posts on the web and this forum but their proposed solutions have not worked for me.
I have a 200Mb/s download and 100Mb/s upload on my home fibre connection. I am connecting using plain FTP from my home to a few servers in large datacenters. One server at a time.
I am able with Linux CLI tools: lftp and ftp to download to the limits of the fibre speed but using Filezilla 3.46.3 on my Linux Mint 20.3 and kernel 5.15.0-76 I am limited to these speed limits per file.
I am able to download multiple files simultaneously where each file is limited to the same speed limit.
I have tried both passive and active modes as well as setting the priority of the Filezilla CPU process but cannot overcome these limits.

Could you help please?

Thanks,

Frank

boco
Contributor

Re: Speeds limited per file

#2 Post by boco » 2023-07-25 06:57

No, unfortunately not, for multiple reasons.

1. You are using a Linux repository version. This version is supported by the repository package maintainer, not by us.
2. The version is ancient. We are at 3.65.x.
3. There are no settings for speed limit per file as the limit is not imposed by FileZilla, but something else. Maybe the server doesn't like multiple connections.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

fepeacock
500 Command not understood
First name: Frank
Last name: Peacock

Re: Speeds limited per file

#3 Post by fepeacock » 2023-07-25 10:54

Thanks for your quick reply, boco.

I will try running the latest version outside of the repository.

Thanks