Getting error "Couldn't get info from server about network interfaces."

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

Edgecrusherr
500 Command not understood

Getting error "Couldn't get info from server about network interfaces."

#1 Post by Edgecrusherr » 2023-08-03 20:11

Hi, I can't find a single reference for this error, "Couldn't get info from server about network interfaces." It comes up when I open FileZilla Server (see attachment). I'm not sure if it's affecting anything, but I recently starting getting timed out when connecting to this computer via FTP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Systems info:
I'm running this on a Mac Studio M1 Max, macOS 12.6.8, FileZilla 1.7.2.
I have a built in Ethernet port with a static of .10, Ethernet on a Thunderbolt Dock with a static of .11, and wi-fi with .9.
I typically use the 3 different addresses to spread out network load. .9 is for VNC and things like Airdrop, .10 is for wireless device file access, and .11 is for wired device file access and main internet for the Mac Studio. This computer doesn't see a lot of heavy file access though, mostly just a home media and minor file server. Devices accessing this range from Mac OS 8 - macOS 14 Dev Beta, and everything in-between, as well as Windows 11 and sometimes Linux, but use the FTP for older Macs now that Apple dropped support for AFP and older SMB protocols (what a really pain in the butt). I have a lot of older computers, and setup this FTP for use with older Macs. I use these for computer history and hobbyist stuff.

I'm not getting any internet drop outs, SMB access works via the Mac's built-in file sharing, and I'm even typing this remotely over the VNC protocol.

Thank you!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 3.57.28 p.jpg
Screen Shot 2023-08-03 at 3.57.28 p.jpg (101.42 KiB) Viewed 1321 times

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Getting error "Couldn't get info from server about network interfaces."

#2 Post by botg » 2023-08-03 20:52

The warning is safe to ignore, this shouldn't be a warning. Will be suppressed in the next version.
recently starting getting timed out when connecting to this computer via FTP.
Please post a log of this happening.

Edgecrusherr
500 Command not understood

Re: Getting error "Couldn't get info from server about network interfaces."

#3 Post by Edgecrusherr » 2023-08-05 05:44

Great, thank you so much for confirming that!