htm file changes on upload

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

americamba
504 Command not implemented
First name: frank
Last name: gerace

htm file changes on upload

#1 Post by americamba » 2023-09-06 16:14

I have a file that i have worked on locally through FileZilla which I have to upload for others to access it. BUT the htm file which is 292,171 and has links to sound and images that work locally with FileZilla gets changed to 287,026 and the links do not work. I have cleared caches, but it still happens. Thanks for any help you can give me., best, Frank

boco
Contributor

Re: htm file changes on upload

#2 Post by boco » 2023-09-06 16:26

These are two independent issues, with one not being an issue at all.

Slight size changes for text files (uploaded in ASCII [wiki]Data Type] or TYPE A) are normal. Different OS use different line ending syntax, and text files' line endings have to be converted on occasion. Windows uses CR+LF (0x0D0A) and *NIX-based servers use only LF (0x0A). The CR is removed in conversion, shrinking the file size slightly. Re-downloading the file to Windows will get it back to original size.

Tl;dr: Working as intended.

The other issue is mostly user error. Linking pictures locally is one thing, but did you update all links for use on the server, which uses a different path syntax and thus the images won't be in the same location? Additionally, most web server have a case sensitive filesystem, and you must use the exact case. Windows usually doesn't care about case.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org